Love Rosie Interview Series - Laura Furiosi
For our readers, can you please give some insight as to who you are and what you do?
My name is Laura Furiosi and I am a Mummy of three daughters. I also run three businesses, Rashoodz Swimwear a great sun safe swimwear range for babies and toddlers. Squad Logistics, a third party logistics company that helps start up’s and newly found brands get their products to customers and Bossy Mummy a business consulting company where I help other Mums and women work towards creating their businesses they love while still having time to be a Mum. I also am an Endometriosis Australia champion, working to inspire other women with the disease Endometriosis to keep motivated.
What is your favourite part of being a mum?
Being a part of my amazing children’s lives and seeing how their personalities and lives unfold. I adore christmas time with the kids doing craft and cooking.
What is the best parenting advice you’ve received?
Don’t listen to anyone elses parenting advice. Everyone’s situation is different, every baby, toddler and child is different. There is no one size fits all approach to children. I’ve realised that with the three of mine. In saying that I always take onboard and notice what other mums are saying and doing, and adjust it slightly to work for me
Kids are always a huge motivation in life, aside from your child/children what has been yours.
My motivation has to always been to try to inspire others.Particularly women struggling with chronic illness or trying to start a business with their children . So when I am struggling, i think about other women in my position and push on. I tell myself, If i can inspire just one more wonderful woman to push through and not give up to achieve their dreams it would be worth it. There is so much information out there about business, what are some points you live by with your brand?
● Stay true to yourself and your brand. Don’t jump to quickly to change after someone tells you what would be better.
● I believe in business karma. If you have a honest, positive business you will attract the right type of customers and staff. If you help others through your business by including a charity or helping others you will find your business will be a more positive and wonderful.
● Work on your business as well as in your business. Always make time during the day to make sure you are doing something to help your business grow, as well as the day to day have to tasks to keep it running.
● Make the hours work for you. Being a mum of three, I always make sure my business has been flexible for me so I can do school pick up and drop off. There is no point creating a business for yourself and then pushing yourself into a life that isn't flexible and what you want.
● Ask. Lots of people are to afraid to ask, for help, for tips, for ideas, for sales. So never be afraid to just “ask”. The worst thing that can happen is they say “no”. There are a million other possibilities that can come out of asking. So just don’t hold yourself back and get out there and ask.
What practical tips could you give to our Mums out there who are thinking of turning a passion into a plan?
● Draw a map. With a circle with you now and a circle on the other side of the page with where you want to be with a brief description or image. Now put in the big steps/stages that you would need to take to get to that end point.
● Look at the first step and break it down into little tasks. List the tasks down and try tackle one each day.
● Once you reach that first step, do a little dance and celebrate. Then tackle the next step the same way.
● Slowly but surely you will reach your goal!
For our readers, where is the best places they can go to find you and find out more? @bossymummy on instagram